Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Earth Day Blog Hop 2013

So I am part of Leslierahye's Earth Day Blog Hop and thought I would share a few upcycled crafts that me and the girls have done in the past few weeks.
First, I made the girls yoga pants out of tshirts. Just in time for our Kid's Yoga & Hoop Session.
 
Then we made these t-shirt hip scarves, for our Red Tent's Maiden Day where they learned belly dancing.


 
I know my pictures are dark but here is the inspiration picture.
 
 The yoga pants, I got the idea from Crafters.org and the hip scarves I had to google instructions as the link on pinterest was dead. I hope you have found some new ideas on upcycling shirts. Please drop by anytime, I plan to have more frequent posts soon.
 
Oh and if you go check out my Facebook page & leave a comment there is a chance you can win a customized item from me! (U.S residents only) https://www.facebook.com/#!/CelticdragonflysUpcycledHandmadeDesigns



14 comments:

Fab said...

They seem like fun, unfortunately I couldn't see the projects very well as the pictures are very dark.

Sandra Strait said...

Love the yoga pants! T-Shirts get the most amazing mileage at your house!

Anonymous said...

Cute yoga pants :)

Jess B. said...

Great project. Will you do a remake with step by step process? TFS

Living a Balanced life in texas said...

Yes Jess B. I will repost with intructions; it will be soon.

Morninglass said...

Great ideas, those pants look comfy.

Morninglass said...

oops accidently spammed you with comments. sorry :)

Anonymous said...

Great ideas. T-shirts are very versatile.

Regena said...

yeah, another sewista craft! Great job

Lyneen said...

Love that you are upcycling T-shirts the seem to multiply in my closet!!!!! GREAT IDEAS!

Gia Lau said...

I'd really like to see how you did the yoga pants! The skirts are so cute too-great job!

Anonymous said...

Last night I was thinking about your t-shirts and remember some we made years ago when I was a Winter Texan.
We made the slits in the bottom of the shirt and across the tops of the sleeves (they were still wearable as t-shirts when we were done). We then threaded pony beads onto the strings, tied them off with a knot and you had a fancy t-shirt.

LeslieRahye said...

The yoga pants are awesome! she bellydance embellishment looks very fun too! So glad you could join us! Thank you for being apart of my Earth Day Blog Hop!

Barbara Rankin said...

Fantastic yoga pants. Love the scarves, too. TFS