Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Thrifty Wedding

For those who don't know Im getting married November 14th, 2009. I really cant afford a wedding but Im doing it as cheaply as I can. We finally settled on the location over the summer..
it will be on the beach. Free yay! Ive been searching on freecycle.org and such for a canopy tent
  and a garden arbor/arch to borrow.
My hair is going to be done by a friend of mine who is attending the wedding. My friend Kendra is doing my bouquet
 and my daughters hair garlands. A friend of hers does professional photography and has agreed to take pictures for free(my only cost is to buy them). Her site is http://www.bukhariphotography.com/ . Another Friend of mine Dawn will take pictures if she comes.
I have recieved some wedding items off of my local freecycle( bells and bubbles). I printed out my own invitations as well. I recommend using your resources like the library and friends. There is plenty of books and sites for brides on a budget. Try http://www.diybride.com/ http://www.frugalbride.com/ http://thriftybride.tripod.com/ to name a few. Also try your local freecycle group along with the free section of craigslist and also the site http://www.freemesa.org/. Your friends are also a great resource; maybe you have a friend who can do hair or makeup, one that does photography, one that has a band or is a DJ. Maybe you will be lucky and have a friend who will cater for you. With that being said I had an offer of someone catering my wedding free but I turned him done for certain reasons. Any ways until next time Blessed Be and Happy Thriftying Brittany

No comments: