Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Review It Wednesday- Grimmie by Linda Cowden

Blessings Reading,

I recently joined a local book club called Creatures of the Nyght Book Club. I am attending my first meeting in March and our book for this meeting is "Grimmie" by Linda Cowden.



Here is a little snippet from Amazon.com:
The Reaper has a new face.

Bound by laws of the hourglass and the scythe, Death grows restless as the world beckons…. The eternal spirit has always watched the struggle of life, as the souls of the world made choices that altered their fate from one moment to the next. Then the desperation of one drew his awareness from the multitudes and the scythe descended–not to take the soul whose time had come, but to propel another into damnation. Destiny now changes before his timeless sight, drawing him into curiosity … and uncertainty. The shining lure of emotion and sensation teaches him to explore and experiment, as a being created without free will learns what it means to have a choice.

The Reaper has a new name: Corwin Grimm.


The book reads as a bunch of short stories as chapters and is broken into sections. I liked the book and the unique view of the Grim Reaper but honestly felt that the story was never ending and had to break up reading it over 4 nights. I enjoyed the interaction of Grimm and the other characters and it kept my attention for the most part. In a few parts, there was some awkwardness and I felt my self skimming over those parts. I would have to rate this 3 out 5 on my Review Scale.

Namaste & Blessed Be,
Brittany
Luna Seadragon

No comments: