Pages

Monday, March 2, 2015

Weekend Review - Houston Author Bash 2015

Blessings Readers,

I have quite a bit of info to share so we will be splitting up the posts this week. So, here is the Weekend Review:
 Saturday, I got up early to ride with my friend, Andrea (and two 5 week old kittens) all the way to Katy! Why? Because I signed up to volunteer at the Houston Authors Bash. Also, because Andrea R. Cooper is an awesome author as well as my friend and she decided to attend. First, let me tell you I didn't do much volunteering. I set up the tables & chairs for the panels with some help, after that I took turns visiting authors and sitting at Andrea's table so she could mingle and enjoy the event too. I also took a little time to attend the street team panel. I met a lot of new authors and I am excited to read some of their books. The only thing that kind of sucked was where was all the readers?Attendance seemed really low for this awesome event, perhaps the weather kept people away. In any case, let's get to some pictures.
 
 
Here is the list of attending author's and a few pictures of some I talked too. Andrea R. Cooper, Sharon Bayliss. Renee Denise Austin, Charlayne Elizabeth Denney, Linda Nightingale, Nicole Flockton, C.A. Szarek and Kimberly Blalock.

Some other event pictures.
 
And if you attended the event, you met the Infamous Bash Kittens. They were quite popular and found homes with Le. Love and her daughters.


I also snagged me some pictures with Nely Cab, who signed some goodies for us (on left) and Joni Hahn, whose book shirt I won and put on for the picture (on right).
 This is the Raffle Prize Table.
 I attended the "Street Team" panel. They were a fun group of authors.
 And the best part of the event...Swag! Only a portion of this is mine including two books by Shelley K. Wall that I will be reviewing soon, the rest will be up in a giveaway or two coming up. *The two books standing up will be added in from my own personal library, if no one minds thrifted books (I ended up with doubles #bookaddictionproblems).
 
Here is a few other pictures, courtesy of other attendees.
Chris Rogers & Andrea Barbosa, Andrea with Terry R. Hill, Andrea & Brandon Godbee, Shawnee ZombieQueen Stringer with Ashley Nemer, and Shawnee with Daryl Banner.
 
 
All in all the event was so much fun and I am looking forward to connecting with the authors again. I handed out my business cards to most of them. Some said they will be contacting me about beta reading and reviews and some even said they will contact me about giveaways here on my blog. Good News for all of us! Thank you to all the authors! Look for our next post on the week ahead.
 
Namaste & Blessed Be,
Brittany Farmer-Holland
Luna Seadragon
 


No comments: