Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Review It Wednesday & A Cover Reveal- "Deadly Desires" & "Looking for Mr. Good Witch"

Blessings Readers,

Today we have Deadly Desires by Joyce and Jim Lavene. Deadly Desires is a non-fiction book filled with recipes. You might remember that my first review was one of their books, you can find it here.
Here is the snippet from Amazon:
Deadly Desires is a buffet of delicious and unique recipes and the mysteries they came from by National Best-selling authors Joyce and Jim Lavene. From their first mystery series, Sharyn Howard Mysteries in 1999, the authors have been writing recipes into their books and adding to food blogs across the Internet.

Their series of mysteries include the Peggy Lee Garden Mysteries, Renaissance Faire Mysteries, Missing Pieces Mysteries, Pie in the Sky Mysteries (under the name Ellie Grant), Biscuit Bowl Mysteries and Sweet Pepper Fire Brigade Mysteries (under J.J. Cook), and The Retired Witches Spell Book Mysteries.

Each recipe contains a small vignette of the books and the characters they come from.
 
My Review:
The recipes are unique as the characters in their books and I have a shopping list for my husband to go and get. He is the cook in the house so he might add his own twist on things. I am dying to try the Southern Whiskey Cake and Ollie's Spicy Gumbo with a Biscuit Bowl. I'm getting hungry just writing about it. I rate this short little recipe book 4 out of 5 stars only because I think it needs pictures of the food, and a little more organized of the order of recipes, perhaps by series or by food category.
 
If you are interested in your own copy, it is free this week on Amazon.
 
And a special Cover Reveal! I can't wait for it! "Looking for Mr. Good Witch" comes out in October and is available for pre-order.
 
 
*While all reviews are my honest feedback I am occasionally compensated with arcs. I received a review pdf of this book as part of Joyce & Jim Lavene's Mystery Team.
 
Namaste & Blessed Be,
Brittany Holland
Luna Seadragon

No comments: